Watching the News, Rev 12, and God's Word

Recently the news story about the Ten Commandments Monument that got destroyed days after it was built caught my eye.  What a perfect picture of what has happened to America.  Intentional destruction of God's Law.  What a fitting visual.  Will our long suffering God soon retaliate for this and the myriad of other offenses we have done and promoted over the years?  It is surely inevitable.

It is now a rare thing for me to become aware of a story like this as I have pretty much detached myself from the news media the last several months.  I used to watch the news closely.  Sometimes I would watch the 5:00 Local news, 5:30 National, and then the 6:00 Local again.  I would check online throughout the day.  I liked to stay informed.  I liked to feel like I knew what was going on in the world.  I am sure many of you can relate.

As my interest in Bible Prophecy grew my news watching took on a different purpose.  I would often ask myself how what I was seeing fit into the grand design.  I found many Christian resources that assembled the news in order of prophetic importance on a daily basis.  This only intensified during the year leading up to the presidential election. But as I watched/consumed these things something bothered me in my spirit.  It took many months until I was able to put my finger on it...(more on this later).

My eyes began to open when I saw firsthand how misleading and blatantly deceiving the media had become.  Outright lies where aired in place of truth.  Huge stories were simply not covered.  Clearly there was a coordinated deception going on.... and the source of these powerfully corrupted air waves?  The only ultimate source could be the prince of the power of the air (Ephesians 2:2).
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins, in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—
Our world is entangled in a web of deception.  This deceiving spirit is at work in the sons of disobedience all around us.  Truth is a rare thing now days.   I used to be able to watch or read something online and inherently trust it because it was from a 'good' source.  Now I realize that is no longer true, if it ever was.  I rarely watch the news anymore.  I stopped checking Twitter.  The information I do gather of worldly events are mostly gathered by chance, through conversations, and even Unsealed.org who I can faithfully say does not decieve.  My mind is much less cluttered now days, less scattered and more focused.  I choose instead to focus on what is truly trustworthy.  The Bible and my relationship with the Author.  Through His book I can see into the future....and through His book the world makes sense.  He is doing a mighty work right now...allowing things to fall into place when from our perspective they seem to be falling apart.

As of today we can now say that in the month after next we will see a Biblical Prophecy fulfilled straight out of the book of Revelation.  This is as close to a verifiable fact a future prophetic event can get, and to say otherwise is willful ignorance in my opinion.  The news media won't tell you about it. Twitter won't tweet you about it.  Sadly, even your pastor won't preach on it.  But regardless the legit nature of the Rev12 Sign is what I see in my Bible.  I know many see the same thing.  That is what I am seeing with my own eyes...reading in my own Bible.   The implications of this are huge and the evidence is solid, so much so that EVERY pastor in the country would be justified on preaching on it this coming Sunday.  But they won't. 

For those of you who have studied the future events foretold in the Bible you know what is coming.  You know about the massive deception.  You know about wars, the famine, and the mark.  You know all about the horrible 'natural' disasters coming upon this planet. Hopefully you also know Him who will return in glory to put an end to all the destruction.  Him who will cleanse this sin stained world and make all things new.  Him who as promised us believers that He will remove us prior to this hour of trial coming upon the whole earth (Rev 3:3). Hopefully you have realized that we have encouraging words given to us as a shining light so that we are not in darkness like 99% of the world.  Hopefully your focus is on those words, and not on the news of the world...

So as referenced above, this is what I was able to put my finger on regarding what I now believe was a misplaced consumption of the news.   What we are taking in are man's words.  Man's words.  Words crafted in a way to push a narrative, maximize profit, conceal the truth or perhaps all of the above. Yes some stories are reported straight, but I believe all stories of importance are crafted in a way to influence thought, not report basic facts.  This dynamic will be in overdrive during the tribulation and the fact that it is so prevalent now should be another indicator of the lateness of the hour.

So I believe that in this critical time we should be taking in more of God's Words.  Man's word brings despair, fear, angst and often lies.  God's Word brings love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and self control....and always TRUTH.  This is what I need, what we need.  The future is already written by Him who knows the end from the beginning.  It is in His Book and it is now playing out in the sky above our heads.  What more do we need?  What news story could be more relevant. What more trustworthy source could we ever ask for?  How much more clear could our Heavenly Father be?  While we don't know exactly what or when things will happen, we do know this is in His word and it is true and we can TRUST it.  Even if our heart doubts His Word stands firm and is consistently true.  Even if the whole world lies His planets will still be exactly where He wants them to be.  And in the month after next they will be in a very interesting location indeed.


(Note: Rev12 Daily will be slightly less responsive in the coming days as us and our extended family gather together this week.  Thanks for understanding, and by no means don't let that keep you from commenting.  God Bless you all.)

Comments

  1. Samething has happened to me! I used to watch Drudge Report like a hawk, that has really fizzled out, now I am on the hunt/watch for things show us that we are getting closer to the end. My outside family thinks we I have gone nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ArtiP, that last sentence is like a "Good WatchKeeping Seal" on the legitimacy of your Divine Obsession. :)

      Delete
    2. I am quite confident that they thought Noah was a nut too!! At least until the eight got in the ark, God closed the door, and it started to rain. I have more than once contemplated the horror experienced by untold multitudes as they each one were confronted with the thought, "Noah was telling the truth." So shall it be for billions when the Church is harpazoed and the horror of Daniel's 70th week begins to unfold. We need to sound the warning to as many as we can for as long as we can, even as our hearts cry out, Maranatha Lord Jesus!!!

      Delete
    3. Amen Jimboni, Divine Obsession is right!

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully framed article, Brad! I didn't know about this Ten Commandment building news but I do (daily, even mainstream for to know how they lie to people) watch world news as well from a spiritual point of view. For example in my country, (papal) ecumenism was embraced now formally and officially by the protestant church on 3/11/17 as just yesterday 6/30/17 Gods concept of marriage between man and woman was abandoned politically (= official point of no return!) and thus family in general completely given up and ignored too. We can as Christians literally SEE every single good order of God topsy-turvyfied to 100 percent now (Isaiah 5,20) by Satan. This is bad news but "good" with regards to Christs return. Like a clinical thermometer these news clearly indicate how near He must be because if everything is already turned upside down in 2017 there is nothing more left and no reason for God to delay His judgement any longer than this year: MARANATHA!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Annabel about what is happening in your country. It is happening all over!

      Delete
    2. Dear MatthewM that's why I hardly can wait for Jesus to come back because living in this topsy-turvy world makes no sense at all to me any longer. Blessings to you! :D

      Delete
  3. Does anyone know the day on the Hebrew calendar on which Moses broke the tablets ? Since this event occurred, and during some other studies, I felt the Spirit poked me to inquire of any link between the date/details of THAT event and this one with the Commandments run into with this goof's car.

    As HeavrnlySign2017 so adamantly has reminded us, there is nothing random anywhere, ever, and my spirit tells me there is an unpacking around that event which has not yet been widely revealed through a teacher or servant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As only HE can do, I was brought the answer to my question in the comments on one of Rody's videos. Lori Sloane posted the following there. Here it is again and some comments afterwards:

      Fast of the 17th Day of Tammuz
      The fast actually commemorates five tragic events that occurred on this date:

      1) MOSES BROKE THE TABLETS when he saw the Jewish people worshiping the Golden Calf.
      2) During the Babylonian siege of Jerusalem, the Jews were forced to cease offering the daily sacrifices ((due to the lack of sheep!!))
      3) Apostomos burned the holy Torah
      4) An idol was placed in the Holy Temple.
      5) The walls of Jerusalem were breached by the Romans, in 69 CE, after a lengthy siege. (Three weeks later, after the Jews put up a valiant struggle, the Romans destroyed the second Holy Temple on the 9th of Av.)
      6)The Jerusalem Talmud maintains that this is also the date when the Babylonians breached the walls of Jerusalem on their way to destroying the first Temple.
      7) ?RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH (REMOVAL OF THE SACRIFICE)Sheep, we are the sheep! Our body is the Temple.

      So 7/11/17 is the 17th of Tummaz, wow. On his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5mHjFBB-hSfshuZyo-6lg) Rody lays out why he thinks the Lord showed him the Rapture Date as 7/11/17. Take it or leave it, and Rody is not nearly as polished as many others and his presentation lacks the smooth, linear explanations found elsewhere, so he can be a bit challenging to follow, but still.

      IF Rody is correct, consider this. As I said, the Spirit poked me with the idea that this news story was linked, somehow, to the destruction of the tablets by Moses. My 1st thought was, "wouldn't it be cool if this news event happened the same day as what Moses did?" It turns out however, that, perhaps, THIS event was a clue, a hint, that the DAY of the ORIGINAL breaking of the tablets, by Moses, HIGHLIGHTED BY TIS EVENT, is THE DAY when HE will truly 'shatter' the tablets of the Law for His Bride by calling Her UP and, in the twinkling of an eye, re-making her to be FOREVER free from the Law while also forever keeping it, having been re-crafted in His image altogether.

      Wow

      Jimboni

      Delete
  4. I found another good article on the Ten Commandment incident here:

    http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=1350

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad - excellent as always. Grateful for you. Gary and I share the same emotions. Don't know what to look for anymore. Much of the news is bad and continuous towards unsustainability and certain destruction, still it doesn't tell us when He will return. It seems there are now an easy thousand ways God could remove the U.S. and leave Israel exposed for Ezekiel 38 and 39. The players are ready, the stage is set and every night I see Jupiter, Virgo and Leo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

How to Make Your Link Clickable!

1. Copy the code below and paste it into your comment.
2. Copy the web address of the link you want to share.
3. Highlight PASTE HERE and hit Ctrl+V to replace that text with your link ("leave the quotation marks there!").
4. Do the same with the second PASTE HERE text.
5. Now your link will be clickable and many more people will check it out!
  <a href="PASTE HERE">PASTE HERE</a>   
Here is an example of what it should look like after you are done pasting...
  <a href="www.youtube.com">www.youtube.com</a>   

Colossians 3:2-4

Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Philippians 3:20-21

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.